The "555th Air Force Band" dates back to the 1920's. The band was known then as the "148th Infantry Band" at an armory in downtown Toledo, Ohio. During WWII, the 148th was combined with several small military bands throughout the area to form the "37th Ohio Division Band". This band served in the Pacific during WWII. In the latter part of 1945, the band returned to Fort Hayes in Columbus, Ohio. When the Army Air Corp was separated in 1947 to form the United States Air Force, the original members of the 148th Infantry Band reorganized an Air Force Band back in Toledo. On June 30, 1948, the 555th Air Force Band was born. The Air National Guard later renamed the band to better reflect our mission as an Air Force Band and is now called the Air National Guard Band of the Great Lakes.